Sunday, April 13, 2014

Palms and More

Palm Sunday!  I've had that song in my head all day.  You know the one?

Peter and John went to pray
They met a lame man on the way
He asked for alms and held out his palms and this is what Peter did say:
"Silver and gold have I none
But such as I have I give thee,
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk!"

There's more, but you get it.  It has the word "palms" in there, so you know.  It's in my head. 
~~~~~

In Beth Moore's study on the book of Deuteronomy she gives this great message about eating.  She talks about the importance of food in the Bible and the important miracles and conversations that happened at meal times, not the least of which was Jesus' Last Supper. 

Some of the best times of my life have taken place around a table.  And the other best times were immediately followed by a celebratory meal.  My husband just clued me in to this great website, thefamilydinnerproject.org.  The site has conversation starters for different age groups, menu ideas, and more.  I love it because it combines my favorite things: food and talking!

Have a lovely Holy Week.  I pray you feel God's love as he holds you in the palm of his hand.

No comments: